Koha 3.14 beta ya disponible!!!!!
A beta release of Koha 3.14 is now available for download.
Koha 3.14 includes a number of new features, included but not limited to:
- A new default theme, “Bootstrap”, for the public catalog interface. The Bootstrap theme provides a reponsive design that works well both for desktop web browsers and mobile devices.
- A new course reserves module.
- A new offline circulation module that is entirely browser-based.
- A revamp of the serials predication system which allows for significantly more flexibility in managing patterns.
- The ability to create lists of patrons.
- The ability to search for items to check out by keyword rather than barcode.
- The ability to overlay item records during batch imports.
- The ability to define rules (called MARC modification templates) for batch-modifying MARC records during import.
- Numerous acquisitions workflow improvements, including the ability to move orders from one vendor to another, search acquisitions history, merge duplicate invoices, and get warnings if a new order would over-commit a fund.
- Cataloging improvements including the ability to import authority record via Z39.50, the ability to merge authority records, and the ability to save and continue editing bib records.
- Support for schema.org microdata in the OPAC to increase the visibility of your catalog to search engines.
There are also a number of under-the-hood improvements, including
- Zebra DOM filter support for UNIMARC bib and authority records.
- The introduction of an ORM, DBIx::Class.
- Significantly improved unit test coverage.
And, as always, there are numerous bugfixes and minor improvements.
As with any beta release, now is the time for extensive testing to identify anything that needs to be tweaked before general release later this month. In particular, I request close attention to some of the features that were merged immediately prior my cutting this beta release — in particular, the serials prediction revamp and the MARC modification templates feature.
Draft release notes can be found below the fold. Share and enjoy (and test)!